As for me, it's pretty challenging at the moment. At the end of 2019 life threw me some pretty nasty curveballs and ever sinds I'm going through some very painful and though times. So Covid-19 has made it only harder.
And yes, I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of people who have it a lot worse.
So how do you stay sane when you think you cannot handle all the worries anymore?
First of all I'll have to admit that there are times that I totally freak out and collapse. The trick is not to stay down and get up again, even if it's no picnic.
Here are my 9 top tips:
- Keep holding on to the routine that you had before. Make a planning for your day. It's a good thing to do that at the end of the day before.
- Even when you have to stay home, reach out to friends and family.
Stay connected through social media, facetime... Or call a helpline, anything that helps you to talk about how you feel.
- Move, yes, do some excercise, even in your tiny appartment you can do this.
Look on youtube for some inspiration and make sure you do something you can stick to.
- If you have a bad day, that's ok. Don't beat yourself up over it. You are human and not every day has to be a good day. Just go with it, take things slow if you can. This will pass.
- Pamper yourself frequently. Take a bath, meditate, make a yummy meal, listen to music... Whatever works for you. You can never pamper yourself enough.
- Stay busy. I don't care if you start knitting or fill in some crossword puzzles. Keep your mind busy and focussed on something else then what's going wrong with your life.
- Take it day by day. Everyday is a new day. So yesterday doesn't matter. Start with a clean slate every day, and don't look back if yesterday didn't go as you wanted. There is no point in worrying about it.
- Before you go to sleep, write down 3 things that made you happy today.
That is a very good way to end your day.
- And if you had it with these tips and need to let out some steam. Just scream, weap, punch a pillow... It's ok. You are not alone.
Hope this helps.