Here's a little more insight on the subject.
The thing is for example the clour blue remainds us of blue skies and calm weather, so it's logical that it stands for calm and stability.
So what is the perfect colour for different situations?
- The colour green is restful for the eyes so a good choice for computer desktops and websites. It stands for healing, succes and hope.
- Orange is a great colour to wear for your workout. It produces an energizing effect en stimulates the brain.
- If you're a woman, wear the colour red on a date. Men are biological programmed to notice the colour red, so all eyes will be on you.
- If you are a men, then wear the colour blue on a date. Blue is a stable colour and women like stable, trustful men.
- For powerdressing wear the colour black. This is a great colour to wear on an important meating at work. Black makes you look powerful and capable.
Now these are generalities that have been obtained from decades of research, but this is not a magic bullit answer. The advice is to play with it as it suits you.
And if you have found your perfect colour, then maybe you can check out the webshop for some new dresses.