- If you didn't wear the garment last year, get rid of it. Obviously, you don't feel well in this garment.
- See what you need and what you already have, if there are already 3 black cardigans in your closet, don't invest in another one (as much fun as it is)
- Invest in basic pieces: classic black dress, white blouse, ballerinas ...
- Buy the right size, don't buy clothes for when you will lose those extra pounds, also no one likes to wear clothes that are too tight.
- Put together outfits with what you already have, so you can see what you are missing in your wardrobe
- Invest in accessories, they are a relatively inexpensive way to pimp your outfit and they will be loyal through thick and thin (haha, do you get it?)
- Don't be convinced to buy something because it is on sale. If you are not going to wear it, it is a bad investment anyway.
- Invest in shoes: classic black pumps, easy step shoes, summer sandals ...
- Mix retro and vintage, it doesn't have to be all new and expensive. Some things like handbags get more beautiful with time.
- Leave some room for drama: a little fake fur, an exotic dress, a showy pair of earrings, bright colors ... It doesn't have to be perfect and so too serious.