I'm certainly not the only one that has an alter ego. An alter ego is having a second self. Years ago even Beyonce created an alter ego to feel more at easy on stage. And I've found that having an alter ego can help you in many ways. One tip, don't go to far from your own personality. My alter ego ( Miss Poppy) is someone who I strive to be, my better self.
So here are some advantages:
- It can help you to step out of your comfort zone. I've done many things that otherwise would scare me to death. Like recording my Christmas songs.
- It can help you make other and better decisions. When I have a challenge, I often pause and think: What would Miss Poppy do? That can give you an other perspective.
- You can accentuate your positive characteristics through your alter ego. And devellop them further.
- During difficult times you can distance yourself from the situation and get a better grip on things. Your alter ego can come to the rescue if you feel your losing it.
- And having an alter ego is also about having fun.
- First ask yourself why you want an alter ego. Is it to be more confident? Do you want to be more outgoing?.... It is very important to know what direction you want to go.
- Create your alter ego's personality. Are you bold, outgoing, brave... This should be in line of your own personality.
- How does your alter ego looks. Create an image, how to dress, act,...
- And then pick a name.